The Austrian Imperial Castle
The Castle of San Giusto rises on the hill overlooking Trieste. The construction lasted from 1468 to 1636, was commissioned by the emperors of Austria to protect the city. The structure was initially incorporated into a triangular fortress with the three vertices of the Bastione Rotondo, Lalio and Fiorito. From 1936 the Castle was transformed into a museum and opened to the public.