The website exploreitaly.com, hereinafter referred to as the “Website”, belongs to the company under legal entity of “STARWOOD ITALIA SRL – – ”, with its registered head office at Piazza della Repubblica, 20 20124 – MILANO, registered under number R.E.A. Milano n. 1150596 – Codice Fiscale. 05907220585 – Partita Iva 12606660152, hereinafter referred to as the “Company”.
Hereby, the terms, which are applicable to all our visitors of the “Website”, are notified.
All interactions made through our “Website” are governed by the Italian law.
In our “Company” we stress the importance of privacy and are committed to adopting high standards for the protection of personal information.
Our policy outlines the type of personal information we collect and receive, the circumstances in which we collect or receive personal information, the policies and procedures we have established outlining its use and storage, and for sharing certain types of personal information in certain limited circumstances, the procedures you should follow if you have any questions or requests in respect of your personal information or our policies and procedures and the person to whom such questions or requests should be directed, and the means by which to communicate with that person.
In this policy, personal information means information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, e-mail address or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available and is not part of your work identification.
It also includes information on guest preferences and usage, when such information is supplied to or recorded by the “Website” in the course of transacting business with an individual.
How you may provide us your personal information
- By providing the information to us by participating in a marketing initiative.
- By visiting our website.
Below we will outline the type of information normally collected in each of these circumstances, the reasons for doing so, how we will use it and store it.
What are cookies in detail?
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser to a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows us or a third party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the experience more useful to you.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies.
When you use and access the “Website”, we may place a number of cookie files in your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies on the “Website” and we use different types of cookies to run the Service:
- Application cookies: Application cookies enable “Website” core functionality or collect anonymized information on its usage. The “Website” may not function properly without these cookies, and can be disabled only by changing your browser preferences.
- Performance cookies: Performance cookies help us to improve our “Website” by collecting and reporting information on its usage. Additionally, analytical cookies provide us with all necessary information to track transactions and critical actions
- Marketing cookies: Marketing cookies help us tailor the messages and the content that you see during and after your visit in our “Website”. Without these cookies, online advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and your interests.
What are your choices regarding cookies?
COOKIES – GOOGLE ANALYTICS
Google Analytics is Google’s analytics tool that helps website and app owners to understand how their visitors engage with their properties. It may use a set of cookies to collect information and report website usage statistics without personally identifying individual visitors to Google. The main cookie used by Google Analytics is the ‘__ga’ cookie.
In addition to reporting website usage statistics, Google Analytics can also be used, together with some of the advertising cookies described above, to help show more relevant ads on Google properties (like Google Search) and across the web and to measure interactions with the ads we show.
We have specifically implemented Google Advertising Reporting features, like Audience Demographics and Interests Reporting, DoubleClick Campaign Manager reporting, DoubleClick Bid Manager reporting, and Google Display Network Impression Reporting that help us better understand users behaviour on our site, develop our advertizing strategy and further apply remarketing tactics. If users would like to prevent their data from being used by Google Analytics, they can do so here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
COOKIES – FACEBOOK
Facebook Custom Audiences deliver advertisements to “Website” visitors on Facebook based on email addresses and “Website” may use information they collect from users to display advertisements from our customers to their target audience of users.
- Facebook’s Data Use Policy can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy
- Manage your ad preferences here: https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences
About Facebook Pixel: This pixel records information about the user’s browsing session, which it sends to Facebook, along with a hashed version of the Facebook ID and the URL viewed.
Once we know it is you, we can customize your online visit.
We may also evaluate our content and services and tailor our “Website”, for visitors, based on other information we collect, such as IP addresses, which are numbers assigned to your computer whenever you use the Internet, pixel tags (or clear gifs), and the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using. This information is collected in the aggregate, but we may tie it to your personal information through cookie use as described above.
If you do not wish to have data relating to your visits to our “Website” collected through the third parties mentioned above, you may opt-out by visiting the third parties opt-out pages.
Why we collect this information?
- To establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you and to provide ongoing service.
- To understand your needs and preferences. We maintain a record of the information and services you receive from us and we may ask for additional information so that we can serve you better.
- To develop, enhance market or provide products and services.
- To manage and develop our business and operations.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
- When do we disclose personal information?
We disclose personal information only in these limited circumstances:
- Personal information will be shared with a third party involved in supplying the guest with the services they have purchased to the extent necessary to effect the supply and the processing of the transaction.
- Personal information may be shared with a third party retained by our “Website” to perform functions on its behalf such as reservations handling, data processing or storage, guest surveys or research.
- Personal information may be shared with an agent retained by our “Website” to evaluate a customer’s credit worthiness or in order to collect a customer’s account.
- Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of public authority if in the reasonable judgment of our “Website” it appears that there is an imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information, or which disclosure is compelled by legal authority.
Any such disclosure of a visitor’s personal information by our “Website” to a third party will be made only on a confidential basis conditioned upon the information being used only for the purpose for which it has been disclosed.
- “Company” will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose than those identified above, except with your consent.
- “Company” will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards.
- “Company” will take appropriate steps to protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with third parties.
- “Company” will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up to date as is necessary for the purposes identified above.
- “Company” will honor your request to access your personal information in a timely fashion as is reasonably possible.
LAST UPDATED 08.03.2019